Coronavirus (COVID-19) – updated 10/01/2022
Advice for everyone
HELP US HELP YOU!…
APPOINTMENTS – All appointment with your GP will now be over the telephone. If they decide you need to be seen face to face they will make safe arrangements for this.
PRESCRIPTIONS AND PHONE NUMBERS – Tell us which pharmacy you use so we can send your prescriptions electronically for you and your current mobile number to help us keep in touch.
OUR ONLINE AND AUTOMATED PHONE SERVICE – To maintain social distancing, the best way to order prescriptions and make appointments is to register for online services.
Advice for people at high risk
Symptoms and what to do
Self-isolation if you or someone you live with has symptoms
Welcome to Dilston Medical Centre
We hope you take your time to browse our website where you will find lots of useful information about the surgery and the services we offer. Our aim is to provide high quality medical care, advice and support to our patients delivered by qualified medical professionals and a well-trained support team.
We hope the information provided here will help you to make the best use of the range of healthcare services we provide. Our Reception staff will also be pleased to assist you in the surgery and by telephone.
As a general practice responsible for our patients’ health care needs, we aim to ensure that:
- Our patients receive a high quality and standard of care
- We provide cost effective health care to our patients within a caring friendly environment
- You will be treated with respect and courtesy at all times
- Confidentiality of patient information is strictly adhered to at all times
Our Mission is to provide personal, friendly and patient centred care.
To become a reliable, knowledgeable, skilled practice which is adaptable and is responsive to its patients needs and expectations.
Our Values (COACH)
- Having clear and concise communication channels between all staff & Patients to ensure a consistent approach
- Outstanding service
- Having motivated staff structure in place to ensure positive relationships and therefore offer outstanding service
- Having a confident approach to Learning & Develop to ensure the surgery, staff and patients are continually educated
- Having subject experts who are trained specialist in specific fields to ensure the surgery develops
- Having an open, honest and professional approach at all times to ensure happiness of all involved
Care Quality Commission (CQC)
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) are the independent regulator of health and social care in England. They ensure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve.
The CQC monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure we meet fundamental standards of quality and safety. They publish what they find, including performance ratings to help people choose care. They also set out what good and outstanding care looks like and make sure services meet fundamental standards below which care must never fall.
Did you know that you can access many of our services online?
Through this website you can:
- Book appointments
Request repeat prescriptions
Access lots of invaluable advice and guidance about managing many common conditions/ailments
- The above are available 24/7 online and can save time on the telephone. To make appointments and request repeat prescriptions online you need an account. Please see our reception team who will happily create this for you.